About this privacy agreement
Picmaly is based on the idea of helping people learn to take better photos and become better photographers. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Picmaly website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Information Collected by Picmaly
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Picmaly users:
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use Picmaly services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile, or it will be automatically retrieved from other services such as Flickr or Gravatar when available.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Picmaly and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Picmaly cookie information, and the page you requested. Picmaly uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Picmaly may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that photo has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Picmaly will not be able to provide you with any personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Picmaly uses analytics tools to understand how the site is being used in order to provide better services to it's users, improve the service and expand its user base. Google Analytics Advertising features are used in order to understand Picmaly's users demographyc data, which requires and is implemented using Google Analytics first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together. You can opt out of any google analytics advertizing features via it's opt outs page.
Picmaly is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Picmaly may send out e-mails with Picmaly-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Picmaly, which inform you of actions (e.g. new feedback) that have been performed on the site and you will receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Picmaly cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because Picmaly enables people to critique, give feedback, discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Picmaly is an integral part of the Picmaly experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Picmaly Personnel: Picmaly personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Picmaly business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Picmaly , or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Picmaly users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Picmaly where we allow you to tell other Picmaly users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Contact’s Activity: Much like other online social networks, Picmaly allows non-contacts to browse your activity.
- Syndication: Picmaly might allow for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Picmaly website.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your Picmaly account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Picmaly website. As a result, Picmaly does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Picmaly has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We require that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Picmaly or sending information about themselves or anyone else to the Service.
Conditions of Use